Trust the timing of your life
Time. The concept of time, the infinite possibilities of our future and incredulous improbability of our very existence is quite the concept to wrap your head around. So why is it when it comes to the timing of our life we are more likely to resist than embrace it?
If you have ever said or thought;
- Maybe if the timing was different...
- Maybe if I hadn't wasted my time....
- Why is this happening to me....
- The timing just didn't work out…
- If only I had done this when I was younger...
- I missed my chance...
...then it shows resistance to what is. It’s a theme that has been coming up for my clients a lot this week. Timing. I think there must be something to do with the acknowledgement of a new year and new orbit around the sun, the concept of time feels more profound when we embark on a new chapter of our lives.
Many of us have been happy to close the chapter on 2020 and yet 2021 isn’t looking that promising so far either. Or is it?
For me personally, last year was a profound year of self discovery. I read and listened to more books and podcasts than I ever imagined. I started discovering a new world of what is possible for myself and the way I live my life. I adjusted to new work patterns and new ways of maintaining relationships and connections. I build dreams and ambitions that a year before I would never have believed possible. The pandemic blind sided us all and yet, there was so much opportunity that came out of it for me.
Timing, as they say is everything.
Everything happens exactly as it was meant to because that is exactly how it happened. You cannot change the past. All you have is now.
If all we have is now then how do me embrace it fully?
In the words of Eckhart Tolle you must be completely present and allow what is. To help understand this concept I suggest you focus primarily on what you can control. This is absolutely key.
There are many, hard things that we will all face in our lives. Things such as change, pandemics, loss, uncertainty, death. We can however focus on ourselves. It does not mean we do not get to grieve, cry, adjust or mourn, it also means that everything with time, moves forward, and with time we learn to carry on. With time you can even learn to grow, expand, build, embrace and give gratitude for what we do have. It can enable us to create and improve what is given to us.
So my message to you is this. Know yourself, know yourself so damn well that:
- if you want something and it shows up for you you have the courage to take it
- if something no longer makes you happy or fulfilled you find the courage to change it
- you embrace every moment that happens in your life
- that if something bad or challenging were to happen, then with time, you will absolutely get through it.
Keep the affirmation: 'I trust the timing of my life' in the forefront of your mind mind as you journal on these prompts:
You may wish to focus on a certain area of your life, such as your career or business, as you journal on these prompts:
- Who has come into your life right now?
- What opportunities are available to you right now?
- What challenges are you facing right now?
- What lessons do you need to learn right now?
- What is coming up for you that is demanding your attention?
- What are you resisting in your life right now?
- If you can trust that everything happens exactly as it is meant to, then what do you need to do to allow what is?
I hope you found this thought provoking and helpful.
If you enjoyed this, you may enjoy my free Year in Review Journal to reflect on what happened in 2020 and set you up for 2021.